B-26 Minuteman First Response/Rescue Truck
THE B-26 MINUTEMAN FIRST RESPONSE/RESCUE TRUCK
The B-26 is built on a chassis with a 60-64 inch cab to axle measurement, dual rear wheels and a 14,500 GVW or higher. The B-26 is a "wet" version of the B-25 with a 300 gallon tank and is usually built on a Ford F-450 or F-550.*
Standard features include:
- Body, Welded
- Material, Premium Structural and Sheet Steel
- Compartments, Translength, 51 cubic feet, on both sides of the body with two (2) 44" wide x 35" high door openings per compartment
- Door, Swing-up, Aluminum, for 44" wide x 35" high door openings (2 per side)
- Door, Swing-down, Aluminum, for upper rear access to compartments (1 per side)
- Compartment, Tank, Recessed, for a low center of gravity
- Rear Bumper, 3" x 10" x 1/4" Steel Tube, attached to chassis frame
- Receiver Tube, Rear Bumper
- Hose Bed, Top, with wood deck
- Tank, Polypropylene, 300 gallon, with sump
- Water Level Indicator, Tankvision
- Pump, Hale HPX200 with Briggs 23hp engine
- Pump Primer, Hand-Operated
- Manifold, Discharge, and Steel Plumbing
- Discharge, 1-1/2"
- Discharge, 1"
- Suction, 2-1/2" Pump to Draft, with full port valve
- Suction, 3" Tank to Pump, with Electric Valve-On/Off Butterfly
- Tank Fill, 1"
- Pump Panel, Custom
- Work Light, on Pump Panel, Incandescent
- Platform, Light Bar
- Trim Package, Bright Aluminum Tread in Compartments
- Trim Package, Stainless Steel Chip Rails
- Flooring, Turtile Tile, in compartments
- Coating Package, Superliner, on rear bumper
- Coating Package, Corashield, on underbody
- Mud Flap, behind rear tire
- Light Bar, Whelen Justice LED (NFPA compliant)
- Emergency Light, Round Beacon, Super LED, at rear on top of compartments
- Emergency Light, Whelen Linear LED 500 Series
- Emergency Light, Alternating Rear Flashers
- Stop-Turn/Tail Light, Incandescent
- Work Light, on Body, Incandescent
- Work Light, in Compartments, Incandescent
- Wig Wag Package
- Siren and Speaker, with Hands Free controls
- Back-up Alarm
- Door Open Indicator, LED light mounted on dash
- Enclosure, Dash-Mounted, for Siren and Radio mounting, allows 3rd person to ride in chassis
- Enclosure, Electrical Panel, with labels and color-coded wiring located inside the chassis
- Dedicated Ground to the Battery
- Master Disconnect, Ignition-operated
- Electrical System, Body
- Electrical System, Chassis
- Reflective Striping, 4" below body doors, 1" on Rear Bumper and Triple Stripe in the center of the body
- Reflective Striping, Triple Stripe, on chassis doors
- Body Preparation, Sandblast and Prime
- Paint, Polyurethane, to meet fire department's specifications
*Other chassis manufacturers are available such as Dodge or International.
This option includes one additional body harness for the Blanchat Restraint System.
A set of two wheel chocks are mounted in the rear wheel wells.
A 5 lb dry chemical fire extinguisher with 40-B:C is mounted on the bed for easy access.
A first aid kit is mounted in an easily accessible location.
The pump can be upgraded to a Hale HPX275 with Briggs & Stratton 35 HP V-twin overhead valve engine. The pump performance is 190 GPM at 145 PSI from draft to supply two 95 GPM nozzles with 200 feet of 1-3/4 inch hose or 250 GPM at 125 PSI from draft to supply two 125 GPM nozzles with the same size hose.
The FoamPro 1601 is an electronic, fully automatic, variable speed, direct injection and discharge side foam proportioning system for Class A foam. The system is accurate to within 3% of calibrated settings over the advertised operation range when installed.
The Rowe Equalizer system has a compact design which allows for easy installation on almost any application. From wildland to structure fires, the equalizer system has many benefits including: simplicity, reliability, effectiveness, flexibility and a lifetime warranty.
The main indicator is installed in the pump panel with a mini slave in the cab.
Four LED tank status lights (green, blue, amber and red) provide bright, easy to identify indication of water status. The option also includes a mini slave.
The pump panel is plumbed for an additional whipline (yellow knobs) in the crosswalk.
Standard Roll-Over Protection
The B-24 & B-27 Minuteman models (the only Minuteman models that have a crosswalk area) feature the BATROPS (Blanchat Apparatus Transverse Roll-Over Protection System) which follows Surface Vehicle Standard SAE J1194 for roll-over protective structures. This is the same standard used for agricultural tractors.
- Greg Blanchat
No other industry manufacturer features a Fire Attack Operational Area that follows SAE J1194 for roll-over protection.
Two Fire Attack Operational Areas are located directly behind the chassis cab which allow a firefighter to stand or sit during pump and roll up to 15 MPH. The center Pump Control Operational Area allows access to the top-mount pump panel. The Pump Control Operational Area does not follow SAE J1194 and should not be used while the apparatus is in motion.
Blanchat Restraint System
A four point body harness is standard which allows the firefighter full movement within the Fire Attack Operational Area but locks upon any sudden movement keeping the firefighter from being thrown.
39.2° Vehicle Stability Test
The B-27 Minuteman was tilt tested at the US Forest Service Technology & Development Center in San Dimas, CA. The unit was fully loaded with fuel, tools, 400 gallons (1514 liters) of water and a weight of 250 lbs (113 kg) in the driver and passenger seating positions. The chassis' 19,500 GVWR was maxed out using sandbags.
The B-27 Minuteman accomplished 39.2° on both sides.
- Larry Davis
...it’s equipped to handle 95 percent of the incidents to which rural firefighters respond, and it serves as a quick-out vehicle that allows a two-person team to arrive on scene, perform size up, take some initial actions and advise incoming personnel as to what must be done.
Recently Delivered Units
Location: Rose, OK 74364 USA
Model: B-27 Minuteman Demo Rescue Truck
Location: Ider, AL 35981 USA
Model: B-27 Minuteman Rescue Truck
Location: Roswell, NM 88202 USA
Model: B-27 Minuteman Xtreme
Location: Trenton, ND 58853 USA
Model: B-27 Minuteman
Location: Byron, OK 73722 USA
Model: B-27 Minuteman