B-3 Chaparral Type 6 Wildland Engine
THE B-3 CHAPPARAL BRUSH TRUCK - TYPE 6 WILDLAND ENGINE
The B-3 is built on a chassis with a 60-64 inch cab to axle measurement, dual rear wheels and 13,500 GVW with a 300 gallon poly tank. The B-3 is typically built on a Ford F-350 chassis.*
Standard features include:
- Body, Welded
- Material, Premium Structural and Sheet Steel
- Crosswalk, BATROPS, which complies with SAE J1194 in the seated or standing positions in two (2) "Pump and Roll Fire Attack Operational Areas"
- Compartment, Tank, Recessed, for a low center of gravity
- Crosslay, Transverse, 7", in crosswalk area
- Rear Bumper, 3" x 10" x 1/4" Steel Tube, attached to chassis frame
- Receiver Tube, Rear Bumper
- Safety Gate, Chest Saddle, Crosswalk
- Platform, Light Bar, Removable, with brush protection structure
- Harness, Body, 4 Point with three (3) retractors per side, six (6) total retractors
- Tank, Polypropylene, 300 gallon, with sump
- Water Level Indicator, Tankvision
- Pump, Hale HPX200 with Briggs 23hp engine
- Pump Primer, Hand-Operated
- Manifold, Discharge, and Steel Plumbing
- Discharge, Preconnected, 1-1/2" Crosslay
- Discharge, Preconnected, 1" Whipline in crosswalk
- Suction, 2-1/2" Pump to Draft, with full port valve
- Suction, 2-1/2" Tank to Pump, with full port valve
- Pump Panel, Custom, with flip-up lid, located in Crosswalk
- Trim Package, Bright Aluminum Tread in Crosswalk and Rear Deck
- Trim Package, Stainless Steel Chip Rails
- Coating Package, Superliner, on crosslay and rear bumper
- Coating Package, Corashield, on underbody
- Mud Flap, behind rear tire
- Light Bar, Whelen Justice LED (NFPA compliant)
- Emergency Light, Whelen Linear LED 500 Series, Rear
- Stop-Turn/Tail Light, Incandescent
- Work Light, on Body, Incandescent , on Body, Incandescent (add 2 for front bumper)
- Work Light, on Pump Panel, IncandescentWork Light, on Pump Panel, Incandescent
- Wig Wag Package
- Siren and Speaker, with Hands Free controls
- Back-up Alarm
- Enclosure, Dash-Mounted, for Siren and Radio mounting, allows 3rd person to ride in chassis
- Enclosure, Electrical Panel, with labels and color-coded wiring located inside the chassis
- Dedicated Ground to the Battery
- Master Disconnect, Ignition-operated
- Electrical System, Body
- Electrical System, Chassis
- Reflective Striping, 4" on Body and Rear Bumper, 4" on Body and Rear Bumper
- Reflective Striping, Triple Stripe, on chassis doors
- Body Preparation, Sandblast and Prime
- Paint, Polyurethane, to meet fire department's specifications
- Body, Welded
*Other chassis manufacturers are available such as Dodge and International.
Chaparral Brush Truck Options
This option includes one additional body harness for the Blanchat Restraint System.
A set of two wheel chocks are mounted in the rear wheel wells.
A 5 lb dry chemical fire extinguisher with 40-B:C is mounted to the bed for easy access.
A first aid kit is mounted in an easily accessible location.
The pump can be upgraded to a Hale HPX275 with Briggs & Stratton 35 HP V-twin overhead valve engine. The pump performance is 190 GPM at 145 PSI from draft to supply two 95 GPM nozzles with 200 feet of 1-3/4 inch hose or 250 GPM at 125 PSI from draft to supply two 125 GPM nozzles with the same size hose.
The recessed poly tank is upgraded from 500 to 600 gallons.
The FoamPro 1601 is an electronic, fully automatic, variable speed, direct injection and discharge side foam proportioning system for Class A foam. The system is accurate to within 3% of calibrated settings over the advertised operation range when installed.
The Rowe Equalizer system has a compact design which allows for easy installation on almost any application. From wildland to structure fires, the equalizer system has many benefits including: simplicity, reliability, effectiveness, flexibility and a lifetime warranty. One or two 1.5" crosslay discharges can be installed.
The main indicator is installed in the pump panel with a mini slave in the cab.
Four LED tank status lights (green, blue, amber and red) provide bright, easy to identify indication of water status. The option also includes a mini slave.
Xtreme Offroad Package
The Xtreme Offroad package includes four Super Swamper Singles tires with a max load rating of 6400 lbs each. These tires are mounted on steel rims, powder-coated black. The suspension is raised three inches and a leveling kit is installed. The front fenders are cut larger to accomodate the motion of the front wheels and rubber fender flares are added to the fender molding. This option also includes the Abrasive Road Protection package with nerf bars, incorporated front mud flaps and Superliner coating on the front of the body to protect against flying road debris.